Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Unconventional?


First, and foremost, I want to thank you for praying for me.  I covet your prayers very much and can say that God is meeting me daily.  He continues to fill me with strength and joy.

Your probably wondering….where are the updates that I promised….what’s happening with the treatment plan. 

Tell you the truth, I have put this off, because it’s been a hard one to write.  I know that there will be some negative reactions to what I am going to share.

Greg and I met with the oncologist two weeks ago. Her treatment plan was to put me on a strong Chemo at first, then a lower dose.  Surgery, radiation then hormonal treatment. 

She would have to monitor my heart, liver, and kidneys because of possible negative reactions. Years down the road it could affect my bone marrow leading to leukemia.  But, of course, this is very rare.

I looked at Greg and he knew what I was thinking, “no way”.  I did not want to do this at all.

Before I went into this meeting I already had my mind made up to go another way.  Just hearing the side effects and what I would put my body through, confirmed to me that this way was not the way for me.

I was there to see if she would support my decision, or at least humor me with some time.

She said that she didn’t have any kind of nutritional education, so she couldn’t help me with that.   I’m glad she was honest... 

I have decided not to do the conventional treatment plan, chemo, surgery, radiation and hormone therapy.

Maybe you’re thinking… what are you nuts?  What are you going to do?

I have decided to go the unconventional way.  Through diet and lifestyle changes.
To me this is not unconventional. But to the majority of people it is.

I know your praying for me and I believe that this is the right thing for me.

I have been led to many people that have gone before me and who I say are truly the brave ones.

At the bottom of this page I will give some links so, that you can read some of the testimonies and see the protocol that I will be taking.

Those of you who really know me, know that this comes as no surprise.  I have been reading and researching on what is healthy for almost 30+ years.

It seems like all of my reading and research has paid off.  Nothing that I am doing is strange to me.

My days are busy. First thing in the morning, I connect with God, take puppies for a walk, go to yoga, and the store. Then, come home juice, which takes about an hour, prep my salads, read and research (about 2-3 hours). Do household stuff, and dinner. Sometimes take a nap and go for another walk. My days are full.

I am very happy and at peace with this way that I believe God is leading me. 

For those of you who are fearful, I understand.  I know that you love me and want me to be healthy and win this battle with cancer.  So, I have given some links at the that will help explain why I am taking this route.  There are many amazing testimonies of people from all over the world that have healed their cancer.

My mission now is to find a holistic oncologist. There is one in Redlands that I will be calling.

I plan on doing some more blood work checking for cancer markers and food allergies.

I also plan on doing another scan in 60-90 days to see if the tumor is shrinking, which I believe will.

I am so grateful to my landlord who has told us that we didn’t have to pay rent until August.  This has allowed me to buy all the things that it takes to make my home a safe haven and a place of healing.  I am very, very, thankful and grateful for this.

Thank you to my cousin Gail and her husband Michael who are helping me walk this journey. Michael, has brain cancer, is doing the very thing that I am doing.  He has had great success. 

Here are a few of the helpful links to ease your worries.


All my love,
Mary





10 comments:

  1. I am with you - great decision and I will be standing with you in prayer
    Cheryl Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you on the phone, I’m not super surprised by your decision & I think my job is to pray, not worry! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, I am so glad you are being supported by so many. I pray God will carry you through this. Please keep updating your progress.
    Love & kisses from Johnson's in Branford

    ReplyDelete

Without A Ray of Light?

July 7 2022, Isaiah 50:10-11 10 Who among you fears the Lord     and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness,     without a ray of...